You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset iPad for new owner

I am selling my old iPad and trying to reset it to factory settings. I have gone to the settings and clicked reset. The problem is my apple ID. It will not allow me to sign out of my ID. That button is gray and inactive. What do I need to do? I have removed this device from my account so it no longer shows up in my account. I have tried restarting the device.

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 3:26 AM

4 replies

Aug 22, 2023 4:24 AM in response to McMahan_j

If it is a private iPhone, see -> Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

• 👉 Check restrictions -> tap Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy -> scroll to Allow Changes.

or

If you have a MDM profile, you need to contact your company - IT department.

Aug 22, 2023 4:38 AM in response to McMahan_j

ScreenTime restrictions will intentionally restrict access to (or visibility of) some categories of device settings - and will in some circumstances prevent sign-out from your AppleID. These restrictions can help to make your device more secure from unauthorised settings changes:

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Allow Changes]

• Account Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to iCloud settings, email account settings, all FaceTime settings and Messages account settings. When set, you’ll not be able to sign-out from your AppleID. To sign-out from your AppleID, this must be set to Allow.

• Passcode Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will completely hide TouchID/FaceID & Passcode settings

• Mobile Data Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to Mobile Data App-sync’ settings

The default setting for these items is Allow. Setting to Don’t Allow is the more secure setting.

Reset iPad for new owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.