You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access WGN TV streaming on my Apple TV app?

Trying to watch WGN TV on my Apple TV plus app on a smart TV. Unable to do so if I search WGN-TV nothing happens.

AirTag

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 1:16 PM

The Apple TV app on your smart TV doesn’t load other apps. Installing more apps is a feature of the Apple TV box.

On your smart TV, you will have to choose from apps as offered by the TV manufacturer.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:
* iTunes Store movies and TV shows (buy or rent);
* Apple TV+ channel featuring Apple Originals [1] [2], by subscription;
* select other premium Apple TV app Channels, each by subscription.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2023 1:16 PM in response to RonnieRoads

The Apple TV app on your smart TV doesn’t load other apps. Installing more apps is a feature of the Apple TV box.

On your smart TV, you will have to choose from apps as offered by the TV manufacturer.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:
* iTunes Store movies and TV shows (buy or rent);
* Apple TV+ channel featuring Apple Originals [1] [2], by subscription;
* select other premium Apple TV app Channels, each by subscription.

Cannot access WGN TV streaming on my Apple TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.