You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password on Find My iPhone, Certain people can only press it.

Is it possible to configure Find My Phone? When on a different phone say from a contact or whatnot when you lose your phone and you use a friends phone to search for yours instead of reluctantly pressing can you add a password on the find my phone for extra security? Or separately allowing certain people to press it because people can be a nauseous by pressing it non stop for the wrong reasons. Please & Thank you!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:13 AM

If you want to use someone else's phone to find your phone, you can use Safari (or any internet browser) and sign into www.icloud.com/find with you Apple ID and password. When finished, close the browser page. They will then have no access.

3 replies

Aug 29, 2023 7:29 PM in response to cjazzouz

cjazzouz wrote:

Email password?

That password won’t work for a lost iPhone with Find My. Using https://www.icloud.com/find is the path, particularly if you do not want to share your Apple ID password. (And sharing an Apple ID tends to end badly.)

If you don’t want others to continue to have your location, disable that sharing within your Find My app.

See the secrion on stopping sharing locations: Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Password on Find My iPhone, Certain people can only press it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.