You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 A2289 - Uneven Keyboard Brightness

Hi everyone!

I just noticed unevenness in the light of my keyboard. the keys on the left side are brighter than on the right one. As you can see in this picture

What can it be and what can I do about it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 12:46 PM

ayman_010 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I just noticed unevenness in the light of my keyboard. the keys on the left side are brighter than on the right one. As you can see in this picture

No keyboard is going to have even keyboard back light. Full stop.

Move your head, change the angle you are viewing the keyboard and you will always see differences.

What can be done...turn the lights on in your room.

You have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Your 90 days of complimentary telephone support begins on the date of purchase.

Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

That 14-day return/exchange policy only applies in countries where you can buy DIRECT from Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2023 12:46 PM in response to ayman_010

ayman_010 wrote:

Hi everyone!

No keyboard is going to have even keyboard back light. Full stop.

Move your head, change the angle you are viewing the keyboard and you will always see differences.

What can be done...turn the lights on in your room.

You have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

Your 90 days of complimentary telephone support begins on the date of purchase.

Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

That 14-day return/exchange policy only applies in countries where you can buy DIRECT from Apple

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 A2289 - Uneven Keyboard Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.