You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple ID for new ipad

Can I set up the new iPad with a new Apple ID as I don’t any of my iPhone details shared to the new iPad as it will be used by many people in my home

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 2:40 PM

Sure. You can create a new independent Apple ID for the iPad.

click here ➜ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

You will need an email address you can use for the new Apple ID, that has not been used wih an Apple ID in the past.

Or you can create one during setup of the new iPad, by selecting the "forgot password or don't have an Apple Id" option instead of signing in with an existing one. (the picture below is of an iPhone, but it applies to an iPad just the same)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2023 2:40 PM in response to Donz600

Sure. You can create a new independent Apple ID for the iPad.

click here ➜ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

You will need an email address you can use for the new Apple ID, that has not been used wih an Apple ID in the past.

Or you can create one during setup of the new iPad, by selecting the "forgot password or don't have an Apple Id" option instead of signing in with an existing one. (the picture below is of an iPhone, but it applies to an iPad just the same)

New Apple ID for new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.