You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location sharing not working for 1 person in family

My husband can’t see my location. He’s in my “family”, I am the organizer and all permissions are on. When I try to share my location it says: “Share My Location Disabled

Enable Share My Location in Settings >Apple ID > Find My to use this feature.”

However, it is not disabled. The toggle is on and works for my sister but not him. My phone says it is turned on when I go into his info in the family. His phone says I’ve shared it with him but says “No location found” in Find My.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 2:48 PM

What list? We’re having this problem, but can’t figure it out

13 replies

Aug 25, 2023 2:18 PM in response to Jwell718

I have done all of that. He gets the notification and accepts it. If I go into my family, it says I have shared my location with him but I get the message in the image. That toggle (and the others) are all enabled. I think this is some sort of software glitch and I don’t know how to fix that. I have installed and reinstalled the app on both of our phones. Deleted him from the family and added him back in. Restarted both phones. I’m out of ideas. I am pretty competent on my iPhone and this is the first major glitch I’ve run into in many years.

Aug 1, 2024 4:10 AM in response to Jwell718

I’ve had a similar problem with my son’s iPhone on the Family account. Find My Phone suddenly stopped showing his location. This went on for a week or so until I worked it out. In Settings on his phone there was a request to sign Terms & Conditions from a software update. As soon as I signed the T&C’s his phone was visible again. Hope that helps someone.

Aug 23, 2023 8:57 PM in response to Jwell718

Open the Find My app and select the People tab. Tap the Add button . Select Share My Location. Enter the name or phone number of the person that you want to share your location with. See the pic below.

Find people and share your location with Find My

Share your location in the Messages app

1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone and select a message.
  2. Select the name of the person or group at the top of the conversation.
  3. Select Send My Current Location. Your recipient will see your location on the map.

Find people and share your location with Find My

With Family Sharing, you can share your location with family members in the Find My app or the Messages app.

Share your location with a family member

• On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
  • Tap Family.
  • Tap Location Sharing.
  • Under Share Your Location With, tap to choose which family members to share your location with.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support (IN)

Jul 16, 2024 12:08 PM in response to Katey1913

Same here. Was able to see all my family’s locations until the other day when it said “you stopped sharing your location” with my daughter (which want true. ) and then a day later I could t see hers either. We tried to fix it and we get the message to accept but nothing. Happens when we click on it. And then it even locked up the txt btwn us and txts disappeared and reappeared. It was odd.

bit 3 days now (and Ive shut my phone off numerous times and am up to date on updates,) yet it won’t allow us to reshare our locations or even clear the message for sharing. It just sits there asking us to accept or decline and does nothing. When we try either of the options. I’ve read all the stuff on the website and no help. Anyone?

Aug 1, 2024 4:10 AM in response to AskingAQuestion12

I’ve had a similar problem with my son’s iPhone on the Family account. Find My Phone suddenly stopped showing his location. This went on for a week or so until I worked it out. In Settings on his phone there was a request to sign Terms & Conditions from a software update. As soon as I signed the T&C’s his phone was visible again. Hope that helps someone.

Location sharing not working for 1 person in family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.