You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Gmail issue / No longer able to add all my Gmails to apple devices email

Does anyone know or have encountered problems of adding your Gmail to your apple device email? I tried but cannot seem to add my Gmail to my iPhone and Mac. Someone linked old numbers I used to own at one point but no longer used, onto those emails I'm trying to add. They linked it as a 2-way verification where even if I know both my password credentials and have my current phone I still cannot access. Google is almost like a joke with their customer support. You might as well be literally left to your own "devices!"

I've tried googling this issue, especially with phone numbers linked that should not be but didn't get much luck.

I cannot use the App Password either as it does not work. I do not want to go through the Apples App for Gmail to add a Gmail. I am wondering why this has happened as at one point, I was able to add my all my Gmails to my Apple emails.

If there is an interference, who is blocking this? Is it Apple, Is it Google? As at one point, adding my email address was not an issue.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 2:28 PM

Makehumangoodagain wrote:

Does anyone know or have encountered problems of adding your Gmail to your apple device email? I tried but cannot seem to add my Gmail to my iPhone and Mac. Someone linked old numbers I used to own at one point but no longer used, onto those emails I'm trying to add. They linked it as a 2-way verification where even if I know both my password credentials and have my current phone I still cannot access. Google is almost like a joke with their customer support. You might as well be literally left to your own "devices!"

I've tried googling this issue, especially with phone numbers linked that should not be but didn't get much luck.

I cannot use the App Password either as it does not work. I do not want to go through the Apples App for Gmail to add a Gmail. I am wondering why this has happened as at one point, I was able to add my all my Gmails to my Apple emails.

If there is an interference, who is blocking this? Is it Apple, Is it Google? As at one point, adding my email address was not an issue.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/12379384

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 24, 2023 2:28 PM in response to Community User

Makehumangoodagain wrote:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/12379384

Aug 24, 2023 9:47 PM in response to razmee209

Thanks for trying to be helpful and providing the info above! It seems complicated. I'm looking for simple answer :)

I'm so illiterate in this "digital age" we are living in!

Gmail issue / No longer able to add all my Gmails to apple devices email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.