You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing iPad contacts with iphones and other iPads

My wife and i have iPads and iPhones. I want to synch contacts between all of them.

iPad Air

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 3:49 AM

Your own devices that use the same AppleID can share contacts via iCloud. On both your iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All > Contacts - set to ON

You should note that your wife should always use her own [different] AppleID with her own devices. The native Contacts App is not designed to provide a single Contacts list to share between users. However, the iPad User Guide provides guidance upon available methods to access contacts in other accounts.

Use other contact accounts on iPad - Apple Support

For individual contacts, you can share (i.e., send) individual entries to other people using the standard iOS/iPadOS mechanisms - such as AirDrop or email.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2023 3:49 AM in response to HarryC459

Your own devices that use the same AppleID can share contacts via iCloud. On both your iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [Apps Using iCloud] Show All > Contacts - set to ON

You should note that your wife should always use her own [different] AppleID with her own devices. The native Contacts App is not designed to provide a single Contacts list to share between users. However, the iPad User Guide provides guidance upon available methods to access contacts in other accounts.

Use other contact accounts on iPad - Apple Support

For individual contacts, you can share (i.e., send) individual entries to other people using the standard iOS/iPadOS mechanisms - such as AirDrop or email.

Sharing iPad contacts with iphones and other iPads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.