You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Several icons on my IPhone 11 are dark/unresponsive?

Why are several icons on my IPhone 11 dark/unresponsive?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 10:55 PM

Hi debe49,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Several icons on my IPhone 11 are dark/unresponsive?

Wondering if these icons are Apple apps, or non-Apple (third-party) apps, or maybe widgets

and

if you have tried restarting your iPhone (How to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support)

and

if your iPhone's iOS version is up-to-date: (About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 )

Re: Why are several icons on my IPhone 11 dark/unresponsive?

We do not have enough info. about the situation and what's installed on the iPhone to know for sure:

Apple support has an article online that may help trouble-shoot:

What to do: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 26, 2023 10:55 PM in response to debe49

Hi debe49,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: Several icons on my IPhone 11 are dark/unresponsive?

Wondering if these icons are Apple apps, or non-Apple (third-party) apps, or maybe widgets

and

if you have tried restarting your iPhone (How to Restart your iPhone - Apple Support)

and

if your iPhone's iOS version is up-to-date: (About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 )

Re: Why are several icons on my IPhone 11 dark/unresponsive?

We do not have enough info. about the situation and what's installed on the iPhone to know for sure:

Apple support has an article online that may help trouble-shoot:

What to do: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Several icons on my IPhone 11 are dark/unresponsive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.