You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M2 won't connect to Dell U2421E monitor

I have a new MacBook Air M2 and it will not connect to a Dell Dell U2421E monitor. I have all the connectors supplied from Dell and also a USBC adapater. Nothing will work?

I have tested the same leads and connactors on an older MacBook Pro (2019) and the Monitor works fine. It is the brand new MacBook Air M2.

I chose to buy the Dell monitor after reading reviews of the best monitor to use with the new Mac.

Any suggestions would be great, or if I need ot send the monitor back and buy something compatible.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 5:30 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 27, 2023 6:51 AM in response to Readysteadyuk

Dell UltraSharp USB-C Hub Monitor – U2421E

24", 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz monitor. Ports include

• DisplayPort
  • HDMI
  • USB-C (DisplayPort, Power Delivery) upstream
  • USB-C data downstream
  • DisplayPort MST downstream
  • USB downstream ports
  • An audio output jack
  • An Ethernet port

The resolution and refresh rate should be well within the capabilities of the M2 MacBook Air.

A couple of things you may want to check:

• If you are using a USB-C to USB-C connection, make sure that you are using the USB-C (DisplayPort) upstream port on the monitor, and not the USB-C (USB) downstream one. If you have tested with both the older MBP and the newer MBP without moving the cable on the monitor end, you may have ruled this out.
  • If you are using a USB-C to DisplayPort connection, make sure that you are using the monitor's main DisplayPort and not the DisplayPort output (meant for daisy-chaining monitors when using PCs that support MST).

Macbook Air M2 won't connect to Dell U2421E monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.