You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can't add anything in my apple wallet. I'm from the Philippines.

The region/country set up in my iPhone is Philippines where I currently live and it's not letting me add anything. I tried changing it to United States and Singapore, the app worked but when I added my card, it says "Your issuer does not yet offer support for this card" .

How do I add a credit card in my apple wallet? I need it to buy an octopus card to be used in Hong Kong on August 30. Thank you.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 1:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 4:18 AM

Philippines does not support Apple Pay and local banks do not issue cards that support Apple Pay.

13 replies

Jul 24, 2024 8:46 AM in response to Philippines240

The statement “The Philippines does not support Apple Pay” is too much of a general statement that it can mislead foreigners using Apple Pay in the Philippines. While it is true that local banks that issue credit cards cannot be registered in Apple Wallet for Filipinos, Apple Pay is accepted in any contactless abled POS in the Philippines. Contactless pay (tap pay) including Apple Pay is accepted, therefore supported in the Philippines if your credit card is issued by a non Philippine foreign bank. Only Philippine bank issued credit cards are the ones not supported.

Jul 24, 2024 8:39 AM in response to Philippines240

The Philippines accepts Apple Pay through any contactless POS. This means that if you are a foreigner with a foreign bank that issued your credit card and is associated with the Apple Wallet, then you can use Apple Pay. However, if your credit card is issued by a Philippine bank, then you won’t be able to put that in your Apple Wallet so you can’t use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay with contactless payment. To conclude, while the Philippines accepts Apple Pay, (from foreigners), it does not support locals from even registering local credit cards on Apple wallet so locals cannot use Apple Pay.

Sep 19, 2024 7:20 AM in response to Philippines240

If you are FROM the Philippines and your cards were issued by a Philippine Institution then you cannot add anything (yet) to your Apple Wallet because any Philippine issued credit card is not supported by apple.

If you are IN the Philippines, and your card is already in the Apple wallet since it was issued by a foreign bank (US / Canada for example) then you can use Apple Pay through iPhone or Apple Watch in most, I dare say any contactless POS terminal in the Philippines.

I can't add anything in my apple wallet. I'm from the Philippines.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.