You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supervised mode with iPhone 11 and Apple Configurator

I would like to set an iPhone 11 into Supervised mode using Apple Configurator Version 2.16. When I prepared the device using Configurator, it showed up as "Supervised" in the "Info" tab of Configurator after I went through the setup steps on the iPhone. I then restored the device to the previous settings via an iCloud backup, but after the iPhone restarted, it did not show up as "Supervised" anymore. I have read lots of threads and this method of restoring an iPhone from some sort of backup WHILE keeping the phone in supervised mode does not work. Is there a method of getting an iPhone into Supervised mode AND somehow keeping/restoring all of the apps, settings, etc.? I am on a MacBook Air M1 2020 with the latest macOS update.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 7:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 8:27 AM

Restoring from a backup will remove supervision unless the backup was from a device that was supervised. You have to set up as a new device. There is no way around it.

1 reply

Supervised mode with iPhone 11 and Apple Configurator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.