You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quadriplegic Needs Solution

4K Video Editing🎥

I’m a quadriplegic👨🏻‍🦼 (my hands suck) and I use my 2020(2nd gen) iPad Pro 11 inch as my workhorse for video editing, hosting my workouts on zoom and various other non processor intensive tasks. I have plenty of storage available but constantly get alerts I’m out of memory when editing 4K video. I shoot mostly on my iPhone 13 Pro Max📱 or GoPro 8 black. It takes about an hour to wirelessly transfer an hour of footage from GoPro to iPad which sucks. When hosting my weekly workout on zoom I have to have someone else share my playlist because you need to be on zoom from a laptop for that functionality..  Does anyone have a better solution?  Will a brand new iPad Pro solve all my problems aside from sharing audio on zoom?  Is there a way to plug my iPad into a MacBook 💻 to use the Mac like a touchscreen?  So much of my productivity is wasted transferring files or waiting on processor lag, I need more performance with touchscreen input, HELP ME PLEASE!?!?!

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 1:52 PM

I don't believe I have all the answers for you. However, I can offer some possible suggestions.

The first suggestion is to go direct to Apple's Accessibility Team. Take a look here: How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support. You can reach out directly to Apple's Accessibility team and describe your condition and workflow requirements. In my experience, this team is dedicated to making Apple products accessible, to all. I will trust this will continue and they will prove to be a great resource.

Next, there is the question about linking the MacBook and iPad together. There is the Continuity features (Work seamlessly across all your devices - Apple Support), including Universal Control. But this only allows the moving from device to device. It does not allow touch on the MacBook. In most cases, a mouse is used to interact with all devices. However, drag is supported to allow you to move data from iPad to Mac and back again.

Now, before you purchase anything new, be aware that Apple has a product launch event scheduled for Sept 12th. It is best to wait for that event to see what Apple releases.

As a consultant that works in a wide range of customers, I will preview my thoughts on Vision Pro. While this product is not yet available, I foresee it having a huge impact for community members with accessibility needs. I support a number of institutions that focus on autism. Assuming the child can tolerate the device, I believe the Vision Pro can help the student focus by drowning out environmental distractions. Additionally, I would with an organization that treats children with cerebral palsy and other severe conditions. As in your case, many have low or no fine motor control. However, they have some level or gross motor. Using Vision Pro for eye tracking and with a properly trained gesture engine, the Vision Pro may open an entire new way for those with psychical impairments to interact with the Apple platform.

Hope this is helpful.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2023 1:52 PM in response to PositivelyParalyzed

I don't believe I have all the answers for you. However, I can offer some possible suggestions.

The first suggestion is to go direct to Apple's Accessibility Team. Take a look here: How to contact Apple for accessibility support - Apple Support. You can reach out directly to Apple's Accessibility team and describe your condition and workflow requirements. In my experience, this team is dedicated to making Apple products accessible, to all. I will trust this will continue and they will prove to be a great resource.

Next, there is the question about linking the MacBook and iPad together. There is the Continuity features (Work seamlessly across all your devices - Apple Support), including Universal Control. But this only allows the moving from device to device. It does not allow touch on the MacBook. In most cases, a mouse is used to interact with all devices. However, drag is supported to allow you to move data from iPad to Mac and back again.

Now, before you purchase anything new, be aware that Apple has a product launch event scheduled for Sept 12th. It is best to wait for that event to see what Apple releases.

As a consultant that works in a wide range of customers, I will preview my thoughts on Vision Pro. While this product is not yet available, I foresee it having a huge impact for community members with accessibility needs. I support a number of institutions that focus on autism. Assuming the child can tolerate the device, I believe the Vision Pro can help the student focus by drowning out environmental distractions. Additionally, I would with an organization that treats children with cerebral palsy and other severe conditions. As in your case, many have low or no fine motor control. However, they have some level or gross motor. Using Vision Pro for eye tracking and with a properly trained gesture engine, the Vision Pro may open an entire new way for those with psychical impairments to interact with the Apple platform.

Hope this is helpful.

Quadriplegic Needs Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.