You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Iphone id is different the app store. How do I make both the same

For some reason my IPhone sign id is different then the Apple APP store ID. How do I change the app store id to be the same as my phone id?

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 9:32 AM

Open the App Store app, tap on your icon in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and tap Sign Out. Then sign back it with the Apple ID you want to use for the app store.

Note that any apps that you purchased with the previous ID will be tied to it forever, so you will still need to enter the Apple ID and password to update any such apps. The alternative is to delete the apps, then redownload them using the changed Apple ID, and pay for them again if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2023 9:32 AM in response to 3birdie

Open the App Store app, tap on your icon in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and tap Sign Out. Then sign back it with the Apple ID you want to use for the app store.

Note that any apps that you purchased with the previous ID will be tied to it forever, so you will still need to enter the Apple ID and password to update any such apps. The alternative is to delete the apps, then redownload them using the changed Apple ID, and pay for them again if needed.

my Iphone id is different the app store. How do I make both the same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.