You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storing important documents on my iPhone, NOT the cloud

I want to download important documents onto my iPhone so that if I'm outside of cell signal I can still retrieve the documents. Such as for example my aircraft boarding pass. I've got my important docs in the Apple Cloud, but recently on a trip through the mountains, I had no cell service and could not retrieve any documents because they were not stored on my phone, only the cloud.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:36 PM

6 replies

Sep 5, 2023 5:21 PM in response to muguy

Can you be more specific on how to copy documents using the files app from my iCloud folder into the On My IPhone folder? I should mention that I don't have a Mac, I have a PC with the iCloud window. Is that what you mean by "iCloud folder"? Also, where is the "On My iPhone" folder? I don't see that folder either.

Sep 5, 2023 5:56 PM in response to Alan-RC

In the Files app, select the files to move by tapping the "..." icon and choosing "Select". Tap the folder icon in the tab bar at the bottom of the screen. Use the "<" (top left) to move back up the folder hierarchy in order to select a subfolder in the "On my iPhone" folder (you can also choose the "On my iPhone" folder), and tap the Move button (top right).

Storing important documents on my iPhone, NOT the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.