You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i turn off two factor authentication?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 8:46 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2023 10:47 PM in response to Kimmy_mortland82

Kimmy_mortland82 wrote:

Why do some new I phones have an option to enable it and doable it I don’t even get an option is permanently ENABLED so can never turn off or change it ….. but wait my co worker has the same model I phone 12 Pro Max and she can turn hers on and off or Enable and Disable …… WHY CANT I ???? I am 41 years old

Your coworker is not referring to Apple ID two-factor authentication, or is toggling that on and off within the two weeks, or is mistaken.

Per Apple: “If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.”

Two-factor is a security feature that provides one last chance to avoid an Apple ID account take-over from phishing or a password compromise or whatever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.