You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Screen damage prognosis

I would like to get some opinions about whether or not this screen damage is likely to be fatal.

The phone in question is an iPhone 11 Pro. The damage literally just showed up today with no apparent cause. I am planning on getting the 15 when it releases, and was planning on giving my old one to my grandma. However, if this screen damage is going to spread, she may not want to take it. I confirmed by restarting that it is indeed damage and not just a software thing.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 7:47 AM

Are you seeing the same defects in all pages, in all apps, in all websites you open?

Have you already tried a "forced" restart of your device?

As you know, we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely. For an accurate test, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2023 7:47 AM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

Are you seeing the same defects in all pages, in all apps, in all websites you open?

Have you already tried a "forced" restart of your device?

As you know, we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely. For an accurate test, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone Screen damage prognosis

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.