You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone can not connect to cellular data

My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:49 PM

gina291 Said:

"How do I fix the problem: My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem"

-------

Troubleshooting Cellular Data:

A. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Installed an Update Prior to This?

If so, then go here: If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue Message after an iOS Update or Restart - Apple Support

C. Contact your Carrier:

Having issues with Cellular, contact your Carrier, asking them to configure this to the correct settings. They configure all of this in the SIM card.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2023 5:49 PM in response to gina291

gina291 Said:

"How do I fix the problem: My phone cannot connect to cellular data, how do I fix this problem"

-------

Troubleshooting Cellular Data:

A. "No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix that: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Installed an Update Prior to This?

If so, then go here: If you see a Cellular, Ultra Wideband, or Apple Pay Issue Message after an iOS Update or Restart - Apple Support

C. Contact your Carrier:

Having issues with Cellular, contact your Carrier, asking them to configure this to the correct settings. They configure all of this in the SIM card.

Sep 6, 2023 6:24 PM in response to gina291

I’d start with an iOS update via Wi-Fi, if you’re really still running iOS 13 as indicated by the footer here.

iOS 16 is current for iPhone 8 Plus.

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you have an add-on VPN client installed, remove that too, and teat again.

Failing that and failing the manual carrier-settings update as was mentioned above, check with your carrier.

Then check with Apple Support.

My iPhone can not connect to cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.