You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

warrant repair refused

I have a pair of beats headphones. 8 months old. The extending part of the headband became loose. 2 screws have come out and disappeared.

I took the headphones back to Currys. They booked me in to a 3rd party authorised apple repairer. They contacted Apple and sent me this by email....

"I have had a chat with Apple and they have confirmed that we are unable to cover your Beats under a warrantable repair due to the missing screws. The only option we are able to provide would be shipping to Apple for repair at the cost of £189.

If you would not like to proceed, I can prepare your Beats for collection in-store."

£189 was the purchase price!!

I would have thought this should be covered under warranty!!

I have emailed asking for more detailed reasons as to why it is not covered but no response.

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 8:47 AM

Only an Apple Technician can determine, whether or not, this issue is due to a manufacturing defect ... which the one-year Apple limited warranty does cover.

Having screws missing could lead the person who inspected them to believe otherwise. However, I still think you should contact Apple Support directly for assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Alternately, you can try these links:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 7, 2023 8:47 AM in response to 125gamer

Only an Apple Technician can determine, whether or not, this issue is due to a manufacturing defect ... which the one-year Apple limited warranty does cover.

Having screws missing could lead the person who inspected them to believe otherwise. However, I still think you should contact Apple Support directly for assistance with this matter. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Alternately, you can try these links:

warrant repair refused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.