You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to send messages to Android users after the iOS update

I have turned my phone off and back on & send as SMS is also on however I'm not getting any of my messages out.

I use this phone for business and this has become a HUGE problem. Please help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 8:36 AM

LifewithLisa wrote:

I have turned my phone off and back on & send as SMS is also on however I'm not getting any of my messages out.

not an ios, iphone or Apple issue, SMS is a phone carrier feature, that you pay a monthly service to. Report the issue to them so they can resolve it for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2023 8:36 AM in response to LifewithLisa

LifewithLisa wrote:

not an ios, iphone or Apple issue, SMS is a phone carrier feature, that you pay a monthly service to. Report the issue to them so they can resolve it for you.

Jun 4, 2024 3:26 AM in response to LifewithLisa

My sister, Noel, recently had this same issue. I was able to resolve it after hours of failed attempts (factory reset, network reset, activation of eSIM card, etc.)

What finally worked was removing the physical SIM card, followed by a network reset, followed by reinserting the Network SIM card, followed by a final Network SIM card reset.

I hope this helps some people. My sister had the issue for 3 months and it was a major problem for her.

I am unable to send messages to Android users after the iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.