You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID purchase

I’ve owned Minecraft for maybe 2 years now, but bought it on a different Apple ID. I only recently changed my ID and would like to purchase something inside of minecraft using the new ID. Although when I try to, it tells me I need to repurchase the app. Which I have no problem with, but it doesn’t allow me to. And if I delete minecraft my worlds and servers are deleted, along with my long lasting progress. How can I fix this without switching my ID back?

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 7:45 AM

If your reason for changing the ID was because it needed a different email address then unfortunately you did it the wrong way. It should have been done as in Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You will have no choice but the delete the app and lose all content associated with it if you wish to use a different account. Purchases made with one account are permanently associated with that account. The problem you are encountering is you are trying to buy items with a copy of Minecraft associated with a different. account.

You can try changing your account email properly this time but you will not be allowed to use the address that you used to create the new account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2023 7:45 AM in response to natleftt

If your reason for changing the ID was because it needed a different email address then unfortunately you did it the wrong way. It should have been done as in Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

You will have no choice but the delete the app and lose all content associated with it if you wish to use a different account. Purchases made with one account are permanently associated with that account. The problem you are encountering is you are trying to buy items with a copy of Minecraft associated with a different. account.

You can try changing your account email properly this time but you will not be allowed to use the address that you used to create the new account.

Apple ID purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.