You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac M2 mini - display flickering / crashing

My brand new Mac M2 mini crashed - screen was flickering (see photo - the lilac parts appear randomly and the mac is unresponsive), and now it starts up flickering and I'm having a hard time even entering any safe startup / not being able to reset the mac. Have tried this - Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support, no luck. Not even getting past "reinstall ventura 13.something" option...

I'm using high-quality cables, power is stable...

At this moment I suspect faulty hardware / graphics driver, but could be wrong...

Any golden advice before I throw it to support?

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 12:55 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 10, 2023 3:14 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you for your reply!

-The display is working flawlessly (philips), tried another make and model (samsung) - same results

-Cables also changed, same results

-Same cables, monitors are used for high-quality PC graphics cards...

The Mac has run flawlessly until 4 hours ago...

WindowServer reports a kernel panic -looks like a probable cause, will do clean install and see if that clears it...

Mac M2 mini - display flickering / crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.