You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitching Screen with Certain Angles

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 2019. I was using my mac when all of a sudden the screen randomly starts glitching with purple and green lines. It was working before and it randomly started to happen. I realized when my screen is at a certain angle it completely stops. When I put the screen back more, it starts up again. Why is this happening?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 8:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 8:57 AM

shaye229 wrote:

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 2019. I was using my mac when all of a sudden the screen randomly starts glitching with purple and green lines. It was working before and it randomly started to happen. I realized when my screen is at a certain angle it completely stops. When I put the screen back more, it starts up again. Why is this happening?

This would be a hardware issue with the Display assembly/ display cable

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

The alternative is use an external Monitor connected

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2023 8:57 AM in response to shaye229

shaye229 wrote:

This would be a hardware issue with the Display assembly/ display cable

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

The alternative is use an external Monitor connected

Oct 1, 2023 5:05 PM in response to leroydouglas

Same problem with my 2019 MacBook Pro three months out of warranty. Screen is black with vertical lines but works fine from 0 to 65 degree angle. After several calls to Apple and an appointment at my “local” Genius Bar (an hour away), they want $600 to fix this problem when it is a known, documented issue with previous year models for which Apple offers a PAID fix. Not enough folks have complained about the 2019 yet apparently. Unacceptable.

Glitching Screen with Certain Angles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.