You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR)

I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 10:30 PM

Mefrye Said:

"Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR): I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2023 10:30 PM in response to Mefrye

Mefrye Said:

"Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR): I can only hear calls on my iPhone XR if I put the calls on speaker. I have tried all the recommended fixes and the problem persists. What else can I do? Do I need to upgrade my iPhone? BTW it's in perfect condition."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

Save a Few. You might need to get a new speaker or microphone. But, before making that assertion, see if you can use the following links to troubleshoot this...

A Few Links that May Help:

Can Only Hear Calls on Speaker (iPhone XR)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.