You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv video picture distortion

I recently installed the Apple tv app on my Sony 4k Smart tv and bought a subscription and now am experiencing video distortion on HD app setting.

If I change the app setting to 'SD' then I get watchable pictures with occasional distortion around the edges of the pictures. Any ideas?

Can I solve the problem without having to buy a tv box, which I’m presuming wouldn’t have the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

BRAVIA4KGBATV3,

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:24 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 16, 2023 12:57 PM in response to Themingster0502

Hello Themingster0502,

Does this issue occur with any other apps on your Sony 4K Smart TV? If not, let's try resetting the Apple TV+ app to see if you notice an improvement in video quality: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

"Resetting the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app removes your personal information and restores the app to its original settings.

1. Open the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Choose the Reset option."

Let us know how it goes! Take care.

Apple tv video picture distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.