You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV has problem loading a movie after 5 minutes

Loading movies on Apple tv

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 8:01 PM

5 replies

Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM in response to GS0421

GS0421 Said:

"appletv has problem loading a movie after 5 minutes: Thank you very much for the link to Amazon forum. It looks like I am not the only one with this issue! Amazon is working on their software error to fix the issue.”

———-

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Apple TV and Fire Stick Inoperability:

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know knowing of this, if you don’t report it.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple
  2. Select: "Report a Problem" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it, this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from these as necessary.

Sep 15, 2023 8:20 PM in response to GS0421

GS0421 Said:

"appletv has problem loading a movie after 5 minutes: Loading movies on Apple tv"

-------

Please Specify the Issue:

• Is the movie stalling?
  • Is the movie pausing?
  • Is the Apple TV frozen?
  • Is the Movie just not loading with the progress bar?
  • Or is is somethings else?

A. New Login Session:

Log out of iTunes on your Apple TV, and then log back in.

B. Add the Network Back:

Remove this network, and then add it back.

Sep 15, 2023 8:56 PM in response to TheLittles

I’m sorry, I am using Amazon Fire Stick to watch Apple TV! It stops loading with a gray background and asks to check internet connection! I have already done troubleshooting and restarting! It is the same thing with my other Amazon Fire Stick on another tv! I can watch on my laptop/iPad and iPhone without any problem! Thanks

Sep 15, 2023 9:06 PM in response to GS0421

GS0421 Said:

"I’m sorry, I am using Amazon Fire Stick to watch Apple TV! It stops loading with a gray background and asks to check internet connection! I have already done troubleshooting and restarting! It is the same thing with my other Amazon Fire Stick on another tv! I can watch on my laptop/iPad and iPhone without any problem! Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting Fire Stick:

A. Restart your Router:

Power of your router for 30 seconds, and then power it back on. Try it once more.

B. Ask on Amazon's Forums:

Being your are using a Fire Stick, ask this on Amazon's forums, as you may get the answer you need in there: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/fire-tv. Provide the link to your post, if you so desire, for ease of access to it from these forums.

Apple TV has problem loading a movie after 5 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.