You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID invalid or no supported

Hi, 2 years ago I bought a new iphone and created a new Applie ID, and tried to get rid of the old ID (if I remember correctly). I have kept the old iphone (iphone 7) which is connected to the old ID.

I want to use the old iphone and I am trying to use the new ID, but it brings me back to the old ID.

I tried to reset the password for the old ID, but it eventually lead me to resetting the password of the new ID on the new phone.

I tried to reset the whole iphone setting (old phone), but again it is requiring me to sign in to the old ID first. I tried again and at some point, I received the message : Apple ID is invalid.

I understand that the ID has been deleted (intentionally) or deactivated since I have not used the phone for quite a while now, but the problem is that I cannot change the ID to the new one and so cannot use the different functions of the old iphone or update the phone and the apps.

what can I do in this situation?! :(

Many thanks for any help or tips!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 3:35 AM

Get support and assistance from Apple directly, see  -> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

1 reply

Apple ID invalid or no supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.