You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use a USB to USBC cable to charge an iPhone 15 Pro Max?

The phone comes with a C to C cable, but much of the world, hotels, planes, cars still only have USB ports. Can they charge an iPhone Pro Max? Does Apple make a cable for this purpose? I couldn’t find one. Does some other manufacturer like Anker?

Thanks very much.

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 10:21 AM

It looks like you can use USB C to "USB"

From this page: Charge and connect with the USB-C connector on your iPhone 15 - Apple Support (UG)

• If your car has a USB-A connector, you can use a compliant USB-C to USB-A cable.

The "compliant cable" part is something I'm not sure of. Many 3rd parties make these types of cables, like Belkin: amazon link

Hopefully someone else can chime in there.

~Lyssa

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2023 10:21 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

It looks like you can use USB C to "USB"

From this page: Charge and connect with the USB-C connector on your iPhone 15 - Apple Support (UG)

• If your car has a USB-A connector, you can use a compliant USB-C to USB-A cable.

The "compliant cable" part is something I'm not sure of. Many 3rd parties make these types of cables, like Belkin: amazon link

Hopefully someone else can chime in there.

~Lyssa

Can you use a USB to USBC cable to charge an iPhone 15 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.