You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is best monitor for the Mac Mini?

I'm getting a Mac Mini M2 with Ventura OS. What monitors work best and what adapters will I need?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 5:34 PM

That's great! thanks again -did not know BestBuy had special geeks for Apple.

10 replies

Sep 17, 2023 6:08 PM in response to daveinbroomfield

daveinbroomfield wrote:

I want to keep my expense for a monitor below $200 if possible.

Below $200 will probably limit you to 24" 1080p monitors. Try to get one whose specifications say that it has an IPS panel and near-100% coverage of sRGB. (If the coverage is not specified, assume the worst.). (If you're only working with e-mail and word processing documents and don't care about color accuracy of photos at all, there are some 22" – 24" 1080p monitors that will only set you back about $100.)

If you can stretch your budget a bit more, to the $300 – $350 range, you might be able to pick up a basic 27" 4K monitor. Something like this:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27-4k-uhd-monitor-s2721qs/apd/210-axlg/monitors-monitor-accessories

27" monitor, 4K resolution, IPS panel, 99% coverage of sRGB, HDMI & DisplayPort inputs. If you ran that monitor one step down from Larger Text (in Retina "looks like 2560x1440" mode), you'd have ~78% more workspace than with a 24" 1080p monitor, and text would probably look better as well.

Sep 17, 2023 5:44 PM in response to daveinbroomfield

Many modern monitors have two or more inputs of these types:

• DisplayPort – Use a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter cable
  • Mini DisplayPort – Use a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapter cable
  • HDMI – Use a high-quality HDMI to HDMI cable, or a USB-C to HDMI adapter cable
  • USB-C (DisplayPort) – Use a USB-C cable that explicitly supports displays up to 4K – not a charging cable

A few monitors (mostly 5K/6K) ones require Thunderbolt input, over a high-quality Thunderbolt cable.

what is best monitor for the Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.