You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?

Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 4:32 PM

barbara76028 Said:

"How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?: Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?"

-------

That is a Scam Message:

So, what to do...

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

To safely get out of this, Force Restart your iPhone. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

and...

B. Report this to Apple and Others:

So, report this messages info to Apple, and your federal government, if an option. Provide the screenshot and the URL of this thread. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2023 4:32 PM in response to barbara76028

barbara76028 Said:

"How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?: Something just flashed up on my phone while I was using it, saying my phone had been hacked. How can I tell?"

-------

That is a Scam Message:

So, what to do...

A. Force Restart your iPhone:

To safely get out of this, Force Restart your iPhone. Go here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

and...

B. Report this to Apple and Others:

So, report this messages info to Apple, and your federal government, if an option. Provide the screenshot and the URL of this thread. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

How can I tell if my iPhone has been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.