You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not showing up on laptop.

Help. After changing my google password I no longer get my emails on my laptop. I do see them when I log onto google mail directly.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 10:22 PM

re: Email not showing up on laptop

Thank you for letting us know your MacBook Air is using Mac OS 10.14 :

See if you can update the Google mail password in your settings:

On your Mac, Quit the Mail app:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.

Select the account on the left, then :

Change account details: For the selected account, click Details on the right. Some accounts show the account name, a description, and other details on the right and don’t have a Details button.

Check if you can "edit" the details there ... and thus change the email password to the correct one.

Eg: If you see a password field for your account, delete the password and type the correct password.

Above based on: Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support (iOS Mojave 10.14)

If needed: Try re-starting your Mac (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, restores order)

Apple menu > Restart then log back in, and re-open Mail app:

You could also check the support documentation on Google, and the settings in your Google Mail account.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2023 10:22 PM in response to OldJag

re: Email not showing up on laptop

Thank you for letting us know your MacBook Air is using Mac OS 10.14 :

See if you can update the Google mail password in your settings:

On your Mac, Quit the Mail app:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Internet Accounts.

Select the account on the left, then :

Change account details: For the selected account, click Details on the right. Some accounts show the account name, a description, and other details on the right and don’t have a Details button.

Check if you can "edit" the details there ... and thus change the email password to the correct one.

Eg: If you see a password field for your account, delete the password and type the correct password.

Above based on: Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Support (iOS Mojave 10.14)

If needed: Try re-starting your Mac (deletes temporary files, re-establishes connections, restores order)

Apple menu > Restart then log back in, and re-open Mail app:

You could also check the support documentation on Google, and the settings in your Google Mail account.

Email not showing up on laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.