You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Stereo Pair, Only One Upgraded to 17

Along with my other Devices, on Monday I used the Home App and manually upgraded my HomePods to 17.

The first pair, HP Minis used primarily as Mac mini speakers, upgraded fine and both speakers are now on 17. The second pair, original HomePods used as TV speakers, now show one speaker on 17 and the second on 16.6. In both cases the Home app offered to upgrade the stereo pair to 17 and I chose Yes. These screenshots show the current status, the hidden serial numbers are different.

I am no longer being offered the ‘Upgrade to 17’ option, how can I get the last HomePod upgraded?

HomePod

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 8:02 PM

Ok, well did something I probably should have done before posting here, I unplugged everything; the LG TV, TV, Oppo BRP, and HomePods, then let them sit a few minutes (always a good idea when HDMI devices are involved). Then plugged in the TV (sync), TV, Oppo, and finally HomePods. A few minutes later I checked the versions on the two HomePods and was offered to upgrade to 17 on the final Pod, I chose yes, and when I checked later it was at 17.

Though it worked fine for the minis, in the future I’ll probably upgrade each HomePod separately.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 20, 2023 8:02 PM in response to A07570

Ok, well did something I probably should have done before posting here, I unplugged everything; the LG TV, TV, Oppo BRP, and HomePods, then let them sit a few minutes (always a good idea when HDMI devices are involved). Then plugged in the TV (sync), TV, Oppo, and finally HomePods. A few minutes later I checked the versions on the two HomePods and was offered to upgrade to 17 on the final Pod, I chose yes, and when I checked later it was at 17.

Though it worked fine for the minis, in the future I’ll probably upgrade each HomePod separately.

HomePod Stereo Pair, Only One Upgraded to 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.