You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sort photos in Album

Cannot figure out how to re-sort my photos in an album. Must be easy but missing it.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 7:28 AM

If it's an automatically created album like "Library" or "Recents," then you can't sort them-- they are designed to present a particular view of your pictures.

For albums and Smart Albums that you create, you can click on the album and then use the menu View>Sort.

Or, what I usually do, is control-click (or two-finger click, etc) the album and a menu pops up for sorting

Also, in a regular album (not smart albums) that you create, you can click and drag pictures into any order you like.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2023 7:28 AM in response to gerrit5344

If it's an automatically created album like "Library" or "Recents," then you can't sort them-- they are designed to present a particular view of your pictures.

For albums and Smart Albums that you create, you can click on the album and then use the menu View>Sort.

Or, what I usually do, is control-click (or two-finger click, etc) the album and a menu pops up for sorting

Also, in a regular album (not smart albums) that you create, you can click and drag pictures into any order you like.

How to sort photos in Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.