You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 5th gen external monitors

Hi, I’m considering buying the new iPad Pro 5th gen and need to know if I can connect two external monitors to it? I got the m2 air and was disappointed I could only do one. My monitors are LG. Not sure if getting Mac monitors would change that.

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 5:21 AM

The current models of iPad Pro support connection of one external monitor via USB-C (using DP or HDMI Alt Mode) or a an appropriate HDMI or VGA Adapter. That said, for these models of iPad, iPadOS17 also supports simultaneous mirroring of the iPad Pro screen to an AppleTV or compatible Smart TV using AirPlay.

As such, using both a direct wired connection to an external monitor and AirPlay, it is possible to use two external displays. However, you must recognise that when using this arrangement, AirPlay can only mirror the iPad display; effectively, you still have only two displays.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 22, 2023 5:21 AM in response to pascaline247

The current models of iPad Pro support connection of one external monitor via USB-C (using DP or HDMI Alt Mode) or a an appropriate HDMI or VGA Adapter. That said, for these models of iPad, iPadOS17 also supports simultaneous mirroring of the iPad Pro screen to an AppleTV or compatible Smart TV using AirPlay.

As such, using both a direct wired connection to an external monitor and AirPlay, it is possible to use two external displays. However, you must recognise that when using this arrangement, AirPlay can only mirror the iPad display; effectively, you still have only two displays.

Dec 13, 2023 5:05 AM in response to pascaline247

Hi, Is there an option to use 2 external displays with a Thunderbolt and Apple’s Stage Manager?

I have one external display working as an ‘Extended Desktop’ off a DP port, working really well.

I have connected the 2nd monitor the the 2nd DP port, however it’s just a mirror of the 1st External Display.

Keyboard and mouse also working really well of a USB key plugged into the Thunderbolt.

Thanks

R

May 10, 2024 12:48 AM in response to rairey

rairey wrote:

Hi, Is there an option to use 2 external displays with a Thunderbolt and Apple’s Stage Manager?
I have one external display working as an ‘Extended Desktop’ off a DP port, working really well.
I have connected the 2nd monitor the the 2nd DP port, however it’s just a mirror of the 1st External Display.
Keyboard and mouse also working really well of a USB key plugged into the Thunderbolt.
Thanks
R

iPad devices can support connection of a single (not dual) external monitor. For iPad, M-series CPUs support up to 6K resolution @60Hz.

ipad pro 5th gen external monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.