You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks in folders are listed in reverse order on iPhone 15 Pro

I just migrated from an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 17.0.1 to a just released iPhone 15 Pro. Surprisingly, when I look at my bookmarks, those in each folder shown in exactly the reverse order than they are on my other Apple devices, such as my Mac, my iPhone 11 Pro, my iPad Pro. Of course the order they show on the other devices is what I've carefully maintained for a long period of time.

To give an example, in my Favorites folder, there is Folder 1, a bookmark, Folder 2, Folder 3, etc. These items show in the correct order in Safari on my iPhone 15 Pro.

But if I go into Folder 1, all the bookmarks and folders within that folder are shown in Safari in exactly the reverse order. What should be Item 1 is instead shown at the bottom of the list of items. All the items are shown in exactly the reverse order. This is also true for Folder 2, etc.

I turned off Safari syncing on the new iPhone and agreed to have all the local data deleted. I then turned it back on. To my great surprise, it synced perfectly (it seems) but what is shown in Safari continues exactly as I described above: within a given folder, all the items are shown in reverse order.

Glad to provide more information if that's helpful.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 2:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 10:01 AM

So I went in on my iPad where they were displaying correctly and pruned out a lot of old, no longer needed bookmarks across all folders. After I did quite a bit of pruning I looked at my iPhone and voila, it was displaying them in the correct order. I think you could do this on your iPhone 15 Pro if that’s all you have syncing your bookmarks.

I suggest NOT manually reordering them since from my investigations it was the DISPLAY of the bookmarks, not the saved ones. This was clear from my other devices and the work I did that cleared up the problem.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 10:01 AM in response to bsem

So I went in on my iPad where they were displaying correctly and pruned out a lot of old, no longer needed bookmarks across all folders. After I did quite a bit of pruning I looked at my iPhone and voila, it was displaying them in the correct order. I think you could do this on your iPhone 15 Pro if that’s all you have syncing your bookmarks.

I suggest NOT manually reordering them since from my investigations it was the DISPLAY of the bookmarks, not the saved ones. This was clear from my other devices and the work I did that cleared up the problem.

Sep 26, 2023 9:41 AM in response to DMG33

I noticed exact same issue when I migrated from my Iphone 11 Pro Max to iPhone 15 Pro Max yesterday.

I know I can drag them around manually, but seems strange they are sorted this way reversed now.

My old iPhone 11 Pro has not been wiped yet and all the bookmarks are sorted correctly there.

I would like a solution for this but seems probably unlikely since they are already imported. I thought iCloud synced the bookmark order but maybe it is per device? Probably a bug in the order they were imported then.

Bookmarks in folders are listed in reverse order on iPhone 15 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.