You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i get my googe drive app to send docs to Word app

I have 365 office.

I am using 3rd and 5th gen ipads.

I use gmail and google drive.

When I try to transfer a document or pdf from gmail/google drive to word, the word app no longer comes up as an option to choose in either gmail or google drive.

My question is how can I restore this on my iPads as the word app used to come up as an option for transferring either a document or PDF from said google services to word?

This used to always come up as an option and there was no problem in transferring documents.

Note: I recently updated both iPads to 17.0.1 however this was a problem prior to that.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:41 PM

why am I not surprised. I've already spent two hours on the phone with both Apple and Microsoft both telling me that I should contact the other. I've now provided a detailed response to the problem I'm having and I get a big nothing. Maybe this is why we should break up tech giants

I'm very disappointed usually Apple support is more than reasonably effective.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 1:41 PM in response to 123ihateallbots

why am I not surprised. I've already spent two hours on the phone with both Apple and Microsoft both telling me that I should contact the other. I've now provided a detailed response to the problem I'm having and I get a big nothing. Maybe this is why we should break up tech giants

I'm very disappointed usually Apple support is more than reasonably effective.

why cant i get my googe drive app to send docs to Word app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.