You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Performance decrease after updating to ios 17

Since i have updated to ios 17 on my iphone se 2020 i have noticed a significant decline in battery backup also performance of my device has decreased and it is slower now despite having the chipset of 11 pro series can i downgrade to ios 16.6 by any chance?

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 11:17 PM

Umershaikh647 Said:

"Performance decrease after updating to iOS 17: Since i have updated to ios 17 on my iphone se 2020 i have noticed a significant decline in battery backup also performance of my device has decreased and it is slower now despite having the chipset of 11 pro series can i downgrade to ios 16.6 by any chance?"

-------

No. Downgrading to a prior iOS version than was it currently installed is not an option. This is the way Apple deigned it. So, I always wait a few days to upgrade, just to be certain that all is safe, and to avoid bu releases. Perhaps you should consider doing the same :)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2023 11:17 PM in response to Umershaikh647

Umershaikh647 Said:

"Performance decrease after updating to iOS 17: Since i have updated to ios 17 on my iphone se 2020 i have noticed a significant decline in battery backup also performance of my device has decreased and it is slower now despite having the chipset of 11 pro series can i downgrade to ios 16.6 by any chance?"

-------

No. Downgrading to a prior iOS version than was it currently installed is not an option. This is the way Apple deigned it. So, I always wait a few days to upgrade, just to be certain that all is safe, and to avoid bu releases. Perhaps you should consider doing the same :)

Mar 6, 2024 10:37 AM in response to angelafromaltadena

angelafromaltadena Said:

"I have had nonstop problems with my screen freezing that has nothing to do with reception. It freezes almost every time I use it after every interface I go in and out of sometimes it just restarts itself. Sometimes it gets really hot and I have several times lost all of my contact names but the numbers are still there and I have to go and re-input everyone’s names, it turned my iPhone into a horrible smart phone"

-------

Troubleshooting a Automatic Restarts:

If restarting on its own, it may be stuck in a boot loop. This sometimes happens when you go about installing an update, and it get stalled while in the process. So, perform my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Mar 5, 2024 8:02 AM in response to Umershaikh647

I have had nonstop problems with my screen freezing that has nothing to do with reception. It freezes almost every time I use it after every interface I go in and out of sometimes it just restarts itself. Sometimes it gets really hot and I have several times lost all of my contact names but the numbers are still there and I have to go and re-input everyone’s names, it turned my iPhone into a horrible smart phone

Performance decrease after updating to ios 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.