You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuity Camera Not Staying Connected

I've been using the continuity cam feature for months. My iPhone 14 pro max connected to my mac mini, stayed connected, and worked very well. After receiving the new iPhone 15 pro max, the issues began. The phone disconnects so much from the mac mini, sometimes even in the middle of a stream, I will freeze completely, with the devices only being about 4 ft from each other. i have to keep trying to reconnect it over and over for it to reconnect, only to continue to disconnect after some time. Sometimes, it disconnects, then reconnects randomly as well.

Both devices are on the same iCloud account, with bluetooth on, everything checks out with being updated and all.

Is this an iPhone 15 pro max isolated issue? Chat support was no help as they just kept talking about microphones and had no idea what continuity cam was.

Mac mini, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 4:23 AM

Same here since I upgraded from iPhone 13 Pro, where it worked faultlessly to iPhone 15 Pro and it is annoyingly dropping five times per call…. Also dropping CarPlay a lot..

6 replies

Continuity Camera Not Staying Connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.