You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple keeps trying to charge me 39.99 and I don’t know why

What else can I tell you. Apple keeps trying to charge my card for 39.99 I want it to stop I do not know what the charge is even for but I want it cancelled. Please

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:43 AM

If you didn’t buy a phone or device recently in that case that can be an in app purchase/subscription.

On your device, go to “Settings”, click on the “Account/ Name “ on the top and click on “Subscriptions “.

It’s gonna show you what services are you subscribed with your apple account . Active and inactive subscriptions and you can cancel it from there.

[Edited by Moderator]

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2023 3:43 AM in response to bat277

If you didn’t buy a phone or device recently in that case that can be an in app purchase/subscription.

On your device, go to “Settings”, click on the “Account/ Name “ on the top and click on “Subscriptions “.

It’s gonna show you what services are you subscribed with your apple account . Active and inactive subscriptions and you can cancel it from there.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 23, 2024 1:27 PM in response to octavius32

After 30 minutes of trying to figure out how to stop the $39.99 charge that I knew nothing about, I came across this thread, went to apple.com/bill and was able to successfully request a refund for the $39.99 charge which I now know is for "Tinder Gold. This was my sons purchase, apparently if a family member doesn't have enough on their linked card to pay for a subscription it charges the card of the "family organizer".

I suggest people take a look. After a little research (and a calculator), I discovered that my sons 5 charges in the last 3 months, have been charged to me totaling $82.95 and my daughters 21 charges since April which were also charged to me, totaled $171.79

Apple keeps trying to charge me 39.99 and I don’t know why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.