You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing Bookmarks

I am new to Mac and have a vast number of bookmarks that I assume came from my iPhone and iPad. Some of these are grouped. Firstly I want to start again. Also I don't want them grouped - this seems to be done automatically but without including all relevant sites. What can I do?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 9:43 AM

Hi there. Here's how to delete or move bookmarks in Safari on your Mac:

1. In the Safari app  on your Mac, click the Sidebar button  in the toolbar, then click Bookmarks.
  2. To delete a bookmark, Control-click the bookmark, then choose Delete.
  3. To move a bookmark, click and drag the bookmark.

You can Control-click by holding Control on your keyboard and clicking with your trackpad or mouse.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2023 9:43 AM in response to Sarlat

Hi there. Here's how to delete or move bookmarks in Safari on your Mac:

1. In the Safari app  on your Mac, click the Sidebar button  in the toolbar, then click Bookmarks.
  2. To delete a bookmark, Control-click the bookmark, then choose Delete.
  3. To move a bookmark, click and drag the bookmark.

You can Control-click by holding Control on your keyboard and clicking with your trackpad or mouse.

removing Bookmarks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.