You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Sonoma update, Photos shared album not updating.

How can I fix this WITHOUT logging out of my AppleID?

iMac 24″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:17 AM

7 replies

Mar 22, 2024 1:01 PM in response to georgefromsouthampton

Thanks , but why do we have to do this procedure ? Is Apple not able to have a cross-device iCloud synchronization that works without this kind of workaround ?

This would be much more easy !

I should maybe add this point : Sonoma is installed on our 3 family Macs since several months, and that we had (also with previous MacOS version) the same problem from time to time: sync OK with iPhone, but no sync with Mac OS.

Oct 2, 2023 1:39 PM in response to georgefromsouthampton

Hello georgefromsouthampton,

The steps below may be able to help resolve that type of issue with Shared Albums no longer syncing on macOS:

1. Go to Photos.app > Preferences > iCloud and turn Shared Albums OFF (leaving all other features on, such as iCloud Photos).
2. Wait a full 10 minutes.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Go to Photos.app > Preferences > iCloud and turn Shared Albums ON.
5. Close the Preferences window and wait a few minutes. Note: You may need to wait a full 24 hours before seeing all changes download.

Cheers.

Oct 3, 2023 4:25 AM in response to Eric_G1

Thank you for your reply. Problem solved.

I followed your suggestion, except the restart. That worked.

I was afraid that turning them off would lose them altogether - where are these behaviour documented? Needless to say, I did a Web search before I resorted to the Community.

It seems that turning shared albums off and then on after c. 1 min delay is sufficient to 'reconnect' them.

Mind you, it took a long time to rebuild them on my machine.

After Sonoma update, Photos shared album not updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.