You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital Crown Not Working after WatchOS 10 Update.

My apple watch 7 updated to WatchOS10 overnight and upon going through the usual update setup screen I notice my crown is no longer functioning. The press works but the scrolling does not. I have made sure it was clean, I hard restarted it, and I deleted and reset it to pair to my iphone again. Nothing has fixed it.

My watch was always in a case that protects the crown from bumps and stuff.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 1:47 PM

Try the steps in the 'Clean and dry the Digital Crown' section of:

How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you still need help, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2023 1:47 PM in response to Lazerking117

Try the steps in the 'Clean and dry the Digital Crown' section of:

How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you still need help, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Sep 30, 2023 2:17 PM in response to javaliga

I have cleaned the watch, hard restarted the watch, reset the watch and repaired it to my iPhone. There is no apple store near me currently and I don't understand how this could have happened when the watch doesn't go through much abuse. I'll contact support and see what they say. I have had negative experiences with the apple support in my area for my iPad telling me to go to a best buy and then them refusing services.

Nov 29, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Lazerking117

I am have a similar issue after updating to 10.1.1.

This is definitely a software issue because following the update, there is now a huge difference for me between using the crown to scroll through notifications (which works seemlessly and in the same way as before the upgrade) and using the crown to scroll through app contents (which is now very very sticky moving back and forth). If it were a problem with the crown, the stickiness would be consistent, but it isn't. The difference is night and day between scrolling back and forth through notification and app use, and it started immediately after the update. This is not coincidental.

Digital Crown Not Working after WatchOS 10 Update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.