You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up

The company that I work for uses mac so this is a company macbook. I used my 2019 macbook pro no issues all week and closed it for the weekend last night like normal and have not touched it since. This afternoon, I heard the fan running very loud while laptop was closed/untouched and so I opened it and now it will not turn on. It is plugged into the charger (has been for two hours) and I have tried resetting it with power + command +shift and all of those tips but nothing is working and it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:02 PM

mlg21 Said:

"Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up: [...]it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2023 5:02 PM in response to mlg21

mlg21 Said:

"Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up: [...]it is just a black screen but now the fan is off. IT won’t be in until Monday so wondering if I can do anything in the meantime. SOS!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Macbook Pro fan turned on now laptop won’t start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.