You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drains drastically on MacOS Sonoma even when Shut Down

Hi, I recently updated to MacOS Sonoma, everything was fine and I loved the new look and feel, I then put it on sleep mode like usual and left it overnight. The next day, the battery was completely drained. I thought this issue might be because the Mac was in sleep mode, so I charged it halfway and then shut it down. The next day the battery was completely drained yet again. This has never happened before, not even before I upgraded to Sonoma from Ventura. Can someone please clarify why this is happening?

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 10:54 AM

Sonoma 14.1.1 on MacBook Pro drains the battery in a few hours . Any fixes

7 replies

Oct 3, 2023 5:42 AM in response to aarya196

Hi, so I charged my Mac to 80%, shut it down, came back, and started it 3 hours later and the battery has drained 9%. I have noticed one new feature whenever the Mac starts, the lock screen directly pops up and I don't get the Apple booting up screen anymore, could the issue be related to that? Because this has never happened before in previous upgrades.

Battery drains drastically on MacOS Sonoma even when Shut Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.