You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do I have malware or a virus? It says iCloud hacked

I was exploring different sites about how to edit my videos for YouTube and I may have been infected by malware or a virus. As soon as I opened Safari, a message popped up in the upper right corner saying my iCloud has been hacked. It went away too soon before I could get a screenshot

It did bring me to this site that I was able to capture (see pic below). I had read another post and downloaded the Malware free trial software and it performed a scan - it said I have none but is that even a credible app/site? Is there a way to check if I have Malware without using the malware app? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 2:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 5:53 PM

As soon as I opened Safari, a message popped up in the upper right corner saying my iCloud has been hacked.

Read Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community.

I was exploring different sites about how to edit my videos for YouTube and I may have been infected by malware or a virus.

You have not been infected with malware or a virus.

It did bring me to this site that I was able to capture (see pic below). I had read another post and downloaded the Malware free trial software and it performed a scan - it said I have none but is that even a credible app/site? Is there a way to check if I have Malware without using the malware app? Thank you.

You do not need "Malwarebytes" or anything else.

These are common scams that attempt to convince you to download and install <something> toward their ultimate goal of extorting money from you. The only way to win that game is not to play. Just say NO.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2023 5:53 PM in response to Christine Altieri

As soon as I opened Safari, a message popped up in the upper right corner saying my iCloud has been hacked.

Read Stop unwanted Notifications - Apple Community.

I was exploring different sites about how to edit my videos for YouTube and I may have been infected by malware or a virus.

You have not been infected with malware or a virus.

You do not need "Malwarebytes" or anything else.

These are common scams that attempt to convince you to download and install <something> toward their ultimate goal of extorting money from you. The only way to win that game is not to play. Just say NO.

Oct 2, 2023 2:57 PM in response to stedman1

I did close the site without tapping on anything. I use a computer at work and have attended self-training administered by my employer's IT Dept and know not to download anything (although I may have inadvertently yesterday - not at work, but on my personal MacBook Air).

Plus, I had a Gateway desktop 20 years ago and it had McAfee or Norton. I know McAfee and Norton are not for Apple products.

is "Malware" a reputable malware removal app?

Is there a way to check if I have Malware without using the Malware app I have installed pictured above?

Thank you.

do I have malware or a virus? It says iCloud hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.