You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get verification code to reinstall mac os

i use a macbook air 2013 running el capitan (10.11) i erased data using disk utilities, my iphone was stolen so the only way i can get a verification code is by text. the option to get verification code by sms when reinstalling mac os is not loading(giving me the option)

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 1:20 PM

The bottom line is that you need a trusted device or a trusted phone number as defined in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

Do you have no other devices or phone numbers you can use? Can you sign in to Manage your Apple ID, here:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Refer to Sign-In and Security

Briefly stated, you need something that can be used to confirm that Mac and the Apple ID you are using for it are really yours. If you strike out completely, your only remaining option is to request account recovery to regain access to your account as explained in Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2023 1:20 PM in response to tinashe132

The bottom line is that you need a trusted device or a trusted phone number as defined in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

Do you have no other devices or phone numbers you can use? Can you sign in to Manage your Apple ID, here:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Refer to Sign-In and Security

Briefly stated, you need something that can be used to confirm that Mac and the Apple ID you are using for it are really yours. If you strike out completely, your only remaining option is to request account recovery to regain access to your account as explained in Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support.

how to get verification code to reinstall mac os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.