You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I make an appointment to upgrade my iPad ? I want to trade in my old one IOS 14?

1)I have an old iPad, and my Mum (85) also has one that i bought for her, ios14. We are looking to exchange and up grade them?

2) my family share an iCloud account. My daughter is running out of storage and wants to set up her own separate account, and not lose all her photos. Obviously she doesn’t want to share all her photos on the family account.

3) I have two iPad minis bought 22 years ago? that I want to A) trade in or b) exchange as they are old. And as we share the same iCloud account, every time we try to use them, we get an error message saying ‘ someone in England is signing into your account’?

can you help with these issues.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Mishmoo22 wrote:

1)I have an old iPad, and my Mum (85) also has one that i bought for her, ios14. We are looking to exchange and up grade them?

o.k

2) my family share an iCloud account. My daughter is running out of storage and wants to set up her own separate account, and not lose all her photos. Obviously she doesn’t want to share all her photos on the family account.

You can't family share an iCloud account. If using Family sharing, you would do so across different iCloud accounts. If you share a single iCloud account, then Family Sharing is not involved at all.

3) I have two iPad minis bought 22 years ago?

Not possible. Unless you don't actually mean 22 years ago, maybe 12. The first iPad was released in 2010, so 13 years ago.

that I want to A) trade in or b) exchange as they are old.

Anything older than 7 or 8 year old would probably not qualify for any trade in value, but Apple can happily recycle it for you.

And as we share the same iCloud account, every time we try to use them, we get an error message saying ‘ someone in England is signing into your account’?
  1. Stop sharing an Apple ID. Have each person create there own Apple ID by following the steps in the support document linked below.
    1. click here ➡️ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. You will need to sign out of the Apple ID on each person's devices and sign in with their own Apple ID in the following locations, or just sign in on the new iPads with a different Apple ID.
    1. Settings ➡️ Apple ID (scroll to the bottom, to sign out)
    2. Settings ➡️ Apple ID ➡️ Media and Purchases ➡️ Sign Out
    3. Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Send & Receive
    4. Settings ➡️ FaceTime ➡️ Caller ID

You can retain all photos and content on the devices when signing out. Ad they would be synced to the new account once you sign in with it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2023 7:18 AM in response to Mishmoo22

Mishmoo22 wrote:

o.k

You can't family share an iCloud account. If using Family sharing, you would do so across different iCloud accounts. If you share a single iCloud account, then Family Sharing is not involved at all.

3) I have two iPad minis bought 22 years ago?

Not possible. Unless you don't actually mean 22 years ago, maybe 12. The first iPad was released in 2010, so 13 years ago.

that I want to A) trade in or b) exchange as they are old.

Anything older than 7 or 8 year old would probably not qualify for any trade in value, but Apple can happily recycle it for you.

And as we share the same iCloud account, every time we try to use them, we get an error message saying ‘ someone in England is signing into your account’?
  1. Stop sharing an Apple ID. Have each person create there own Apple ID by following the steps in the support document linked below.
    1. click here ➡️ How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support
  2. You will need to sign out of the Apple ID on each person's devices and sign in with their own Apple ID in the following locations, or just sign in on the new iPads with a different Apple ID.
    1. Settings ➡️ Apple ID (scroll to the bottom, to sign out)
    2. Settings ➡️ Apple ID ➡️ Media and Purchases ➡️ Sign Out
    3. Settings ➡️ Messages ➡️ Send & Receive
    4. Settings ➡️ FaceTime ➡️ Caller ID

You can retain all photos and content on the devices when signing out. Ad they would be synced to the new account once you sign in with it.

Oct 4, 2023 3:47 PM in response to Mishmoo22

1) You can verify eligibility and an estimate of a trade-in value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

2) Sharing an AppleID account between users is a very bad idea - as it is impossible to maintain separation of data and personal information. Every user should have their own AppleID that is used exclusively with their own devices:

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

As for your Daughter separating and keeping her own photos, you will need to manually transfer them to her own device (that is using her own AppleID.

3) The earliest iPad was released 10 years ago. Very old models will be too old to be accepted for trade-in (see #1 above.

Can I make an appointment to upgrade my iPad ? I want to trade in my old one IOS 14?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.