You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPod connect to iTunes

I found my brothers old iPod (from around 2007) and plugged it. The screen displays the iTunes logo with a wire, to connect it to iTunes. The iTunes logo is the old blue one. How can I get onto the iPod without completely wiping it?

my brother passed away so I’d really like to restore it without having to completely wipe it!

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 8:04 PM

Sorry for your loss. You can use the current version of iTunes, but no matter what you do, you will lose everything that is on the iPod. See: If you forgot your iPod touch passcode - Apple Support

7 replies

Oct 4, 2023 3:08 PM in response to olikat

olikat wrote:

I found my brothers old iPod (from around 2007) and plugged it. The screen displays the iTunes logo with a wire, to connect it to iTunes. The iTunes logo is the old blue one. How can I get onto the iPod without completely wiping it?

my brother passed away so I’d really like to restore it without having to completely wipe it!

Sorry you don't, ipod is in recovery mode, plug to itunes and restore.

Oct 5, 2023 2:11 AM in response to bobjbkln

Thank you!

im sure ive tried to get onto it in the past. will this work considering it’s that old? its the version without the camera 😅

because I’ve tried to do the same with my iPod shuffle, it’s from around the same time, the rectangle one not the square one, and wouldn’t work with the version of iTunes I had at the time

Old iPod connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.