You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I separate my wife's and my data from showing up on all our devices?

My wife and I have ipads and iphones and paying for icloud space on one account through our cell service. How can I separate our data from showing up on all our devices? It's all under my ID. If I create a new ID for her, wouldn't my ID be invalid? Also, we don't want to lose anything we've put on our devices, so is there a way to keep everything, but only have my data on my devices and her's on her devices?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:07 PM

Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

The person acquiring the new ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his device(s) as follows before “moving in” using the new Apple ID.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Finally, here are details about sharing data.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2023 6:07 PM in response to yzzub103

Each person, regardless of age, needs her/his own, unique Apple ID.

The person acquiring the new ID must thoroughly cleanse her/his device(s) as follows before “moving in” using the new Apple ID.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Finally, here are details about sharing data.

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

How can I separate my wife's and my data from showing up on all our devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.