You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print a photo from ios 17

Unable to print photos from my iPhone after updating to iOS 17

however able to print any document as pdf or excel.

please share any solution to this issue

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:41 AM

These links are not helpful

I am sure there is an issue with ios 17

i do not know where to add a complain for this

11 replies

Oct 8, 2023 1:15 PM in response to Minagourgy

Hello Minagourgy,

We have a great support article that might help with this. Please take a look at it here and make sure that these are the steps you are following to print: Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

For photos specifically, follow this guidance: Print photos on iPhone to an AirPrint-enabled printer - Apple Support.

"Print photos on iPhone to an AirPrint-enabled printer

Print your photos directly from the Photos app  on your iPhone with any AirPrint-enabled device.

• Print a single photo: While viewing the photo, tap the Share button, then tap Print.
  • Print multiple photos: While viewing photos, tap Select, select each photo you want to print, tap the Share button, then tap Print."

We hope this helps. Let us know if we can assist with anything else at all. Take care.

Mar 6, 2024 12:10 AM in response to ghoster21

i*OS 17.4 was just released and now it seems like both the Bonjour/Airprint printer detection problem and the fact that it was (almost?) impossible to print from images from "Photos" have been solved. Now I just miss the feature that came in iOS 10 which is delete / forget printers that require username and password since there is as far as I know no other way to change credentials for a printer.

Nov 28, 2023 8:00 AM in response to Gena_D

When I tap on the "UP ARROW" in the box, there is no "Print" option. If I select "AIRDROP" the response is that there is no one nearby to airdrop to - no printer option there either. Have only had iOS 17 for about 3 days. Is there something else I need to do with my phone to cause the print function to generate? I was able to do the "print photo" function on the previous OS.

Jan 25, 2024 12:25 PM in response to Gena_D

I am also having issues printing photos from my iPhone using HP smart app or via Wi-Fi without the hp smart app.

After selecting the photos and clicking on the up arrow to print the photos, the print screen comes up and the printer shows: no printer selected. I click on that and it shows my printer but it doesn’t actually accept the printer.

I can print webpages from the internet without issue.

Is there some setting in photos that is preventing me from printing the photos?

I also have latest iPhone software.

thank you.

Jan 27, 2024 2:31 AM in response to Ideahound

I cannot print photos from my phone since the update in any form. I have tried converting the photo to PDF, png or jpg instead of heif but it still won’t print other than a blank page. This is true if I print a photo from “files”. Is this like the Post Office debacle where Apple know of the problem but pretends it’s not an issue and hundreds of people have to find a workaround themselves.

Unable to print a photo from ios 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.